Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Senior Social Science Research Manager - Zoos Victoria
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, July 29, 2016, 3:00am
Zoos Victoria (ZV) operates three landmark zoos, Healesville Sanctuary, Melbourne Zoo and Werribee Open Range Zoo. Victoria's zoos are made up of passionate and energetic staff committed to fighting wildlife extinction. Every person, from the extensive range of disciplines, plays an important role in helping the organisation realise its vision to become a world leading zoo-based conservation organisation.
The Social Science Research Manager is located within Zoos Victoria's Wildlife Conservation & Science team, which sets and drives the organisation's conservation strategies. A key focus is community conservation (conservation driven through the community) where we aim to foster pro-wildlife attitudes and beliefs and facilitate behaviours that alleviate threats to wildlife.
This new position will play a lead role in developing and overseeing Zoos Victoria's social science research agenda in line with the organisation's Community Conservation Research Plan and the goal for Victorian's to be the world's most wildlife friendly citizens.
- Identify and prioritise ZV's social science research needs in line with the research plan
- Develop and implement specific research projects;
- Develop the organisation's internal research capacity;
- Identify and foster appropriate research collaborations with external partners;
- Provision of sound advice and support to ensure rigorous research practices and outputs; and,
- Build on ZV's established reputation in science and research by sharing the activities and outcomes of our social science research.
Skills and Experience
- Proven track record and sound understanding in least one of the following social science fields; best practice behaviour change, community-based social marketing, conservation psychology, education and interpretation.
- Demonstrated experience in research design, data analysis and interpretation.
- Demonstrated experience in communication of scientific and technical information.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, and ability to use these skills to develop and implement research projects.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, with proven ability to maintain effective internal/external working relationships, and develop networks and partnerships.
- For more information on this role please contact Lian Wilson on +61 03 9340 2746 or refer to the position description below.
Please submit a maximum two page cover letter, and resume by clicking on the 'Apply' link.
Applications close Friday 29 July 2016 at 5pm AEST.
+61 03 9340 2746