Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Short-Term Program Instructor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 12:00pm
Program Overview and Job Summary:
KSS School Programs offers a range of programs that provide a balance of hands-on science activities, field-based exploration, and adventure, all based upon themes including aquatic ecology, forest ecology, earth science, snow science, weather, and climate ecology. Programs can be hosted on the KSS campus, at a school location, or at a camping-based location for a duration of one day to seven days.
The Short-Term Program Instructor is a teaching position responsible for teaching the wide variety of curricula options offered at KSS. This position is part-time, with varying hours based on program needs. Programs may be scheduled for a duration of one to five days. Short-Term Instructors may be responsible for planning daily lessons, attending program trainings, facilitating programming, supporting programming, or completing other tasks as assigned. Short-Term Instructors may also be responsible for the facilitation of meals, evening programs, and the completion of manual labor tasks on a rotating basis.
Our ideal candidate will focus on the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- 50% Teaching
- Short-Term Instructors may be assigned instructor duties in which the employee is expected to facilitate programming as outlined by the program lead. Instruction duration, curriculum theme, location, and expectations vary based on program. All lesson planning is to be performed by Short- Term Program Instructors prior to their scheduled program. Scheduled instructors will receive a digital copy of the curriculum overview. Following the review of the curriculum overview the scheduled instructor will be invited to ask program managers about the specifics of the program.
- Short-Term Instructors may be assigned to various community programs where duties can range from facilitating afterschool, day, or overnight programs. Programs vary in facilitation and academic curriculum demands.
- 20% Grant Funded Programs
- Assignments for grant funded programs range in academic and teambuilding facilitation.
- 30% Support Staff Duties
- Short Term Instructors may be assigned to the facilitation of meals, teaching/leading evening programs, and completion of manual labor tasks.
Our required education, experience, and certifications:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree;
- Minimum of 1 years of experience teaching students in an outdoor setting;
- Experience with risk management practices of the outdoor and environmental education industry;
- Current Wilderness First Aid and CPR certification or ability to obtain before the first day of employment;
- Excellent driving record and a valid driver’s license;
- Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check.
How to Apply:
Want to find yourself at the heart of Science. Adventure. Fun? Apply now!
Please submit the Employment Application found on the Keystone Science School Employment Page at www.KeystoneScienceSchool.com/Employment. You will be required to attach your resume and cover letter. Positions are open until filled. For further information, please contact the Human Resources department at HR@KeystoneScienceSchool.org.
Keystone Science School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.