Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer Camp Director
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Y Camp at Horsethief Reservoir is located about eight miles east of Cascade Idaho. We have 410 acres of rugged wilderness at the south end of Horsethief Reservoir. Approximately four hundred yards of spectacular waterfront along the two mile long reservoir provide us with room for swimming, canoeing, paddle boarding, fishing and more. We operate a high ropes course and climbing tower as our high adventure activities on camp property. We also take campers out to explore all that Idaho has to offer on hiking, backpacking, and whitewater trips in the summer.
At the Y, we believe children discover themselves through interactions with others and having the freedom to explore. YMCA Camp at Horsethief Reservoir immerses children in a community where making friends is natural, exploring new interests is encouraged, and discovering inner strength is guaranteed. YMCA Camp teaches self-reliance, instills a love for nature and the outdoors, and builds character and leadership—all amidst the fun of a resident camp environment. YMCA Camp at Horsethief Reservoir is positively the best way to change a child’s life.
The Summer Camp Director is responsible for administering the total operation of summer camp programs within Branch and Association parameters, overseeing the safe management of programs, facilities and program areas, volunteer and staff development, and financial development within the department.
Starting Wage Range:
$628 - $785 per week, plus food and lodging
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation related field or equivalent experience. Minimum three years of experience in related field.
- Background must include strong skills in human relations, budgeting and fiscal management, financial development, camp management, and staff and volunteer management. Must be able to meet YMCA transportation requirements. Must have the ability and willingness to perform light maintenance and janitorial duties when necessary. Must have current CPR and First Aid certification, or the ability to obtain within 45 days of hire.
- This is a full time seasonal Summer Camp Director position. At the end of the camp season, the selected candidate will have the opportunity to apply for a permanent, year-round Camp Director position at Treasure Valley YMCA.
- Must be able to live at YMCA camp facilities in Cascade, Idaho during program delivery.
- Job requires ability to walk, stand, sit (including on the floor), bend, lean, and kneel in a variety of indoor and outdoor locations.