Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer of Service Corpsmember
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 12:00pm
Website:Mile High Youth Corps
- Must be between the ages of 18-24 and eligible for employment in the United States.
- High school or GED graduate or still enrolled.
- Must be eligible for enrollment in AmeriCorps as a US Citizen, National or Lawful Permanent Resident. Documentation will be required on the first day.
- Must be physically fit, able to lift 75 lbs., spend 8-10 hours a day in all weather conditions (e.g., sun, heat, wind, rain, etc.) and hike 7 miles with a day-pack.
- Able to be on time and maintain attendance throughout term of service, available for a minimum of 450 hours of service, 40 hours per week.
- Diligently follow Leave No Trace ethics.
- Must commit to complete the program and participate fully in service projects and educational activities.
- Must bring identification documents necessary to complete the I-9 and other forms on your first day. Examples of such documents are a passport or a driver’s license and birth certificate or other equivalent documents.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States, which will be verified via the federal E-Verify program.
- Experience or strong desire to learn the technical skills needed to effectively maintain public lands.
- Must be willing to work hard, actively participate as part of a team and be dedicated to the Youth Corps philosophy.
- Pre-service drug screen required. Drug testing may be required during term.
- Member must not engage in any prohibited activities as listed in the AmeriCorps Member Service Agreement and appropriately represent Mile High Youth Corps both in behavior and dress code.
- Fully comply with agency policies and procedures regarding high quality service, tool management, paperwork completion and data accuracy.
How to Apply:
Visit our website at www.milehighyouthcorps.org and click “Apply Now”. Or visit us in person at our headquarters 1801 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80204.
Questions? Please email email@example.com or call 303-433-1206 ext. 221
Mile High Youth Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Mile High Youth Corps is committed to the inclusion of members with all levels of ability. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request. This program is available to all, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, political affiliation, or, in most instances, religion.
• Biweekly Stipend: Earn a living stipend of $720.00 bi-weekly ($90 a day). The first pay day will be June 3, 2016.
303-433-1206 ext. 221