Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Teacher in Residence
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Saturday, March 31, 2018, 12:00am
This full-time position will take place in Ithaca for five weeks between June and August, 2018, arranged in mutual agreement between the Resident and BirdSleuth team. In addition, the Teacher in Residence will be provided a scholarship and attend the BirdSleuth Summer Educator Retreat (July 18-21) and receive those training and resource benefits, including CEU credit.
We’re looking for someone who is creative and flexible who is organized, self-motivated, takes initiative, and has excellent communication skills. Our ideal candidate holds teacher certification (in any state), has experience as a teacher or subject coordinator/specialist, and has knowledge of NGSS/CCSS standards and experience articulating curriculum resources with these standards. Knowledge of or interest in birds, blended learning, educational technologies, and inquiry-based science education is a plus!
Advise the K-12 team on new courses, webinars, and training development.
• Collaborate in planning the agenda, recruiting participants, and teaching BirdSleuth workshops.
• Help develop and lead workshops, webinars, and courses.
• Advise the K-12 team on current trends in education as well as curricula and resource development and marketing.
• Collaborate with the K-12 team to develop and revise curriculum models, lessons, activities, and resources focused on birds, outdoor learning, and Cornell Lab projects, based on current best practices.
• Collaborate with K-12 team to design and implement web-based resources for teachers and their students.
• Write articles and blog posts.
• Edit content for the BirdSleuth monthly newsletters and promotional materials.
• Post to the BirdSleuth social networks and website.
• Assist with the preparation for the BirdSleuth summer retreat.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter that details your interest and relevant experience to Jennifer Fee (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before March 31, 2018.