Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Utah Green Schools Coordinator
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Piloted in 2011, UGS is a relatively new USEE program. The UGS Coordinator, with direction from the Programs Manager and Executive Director, will be responsible for developing a long-term programmatic strategic plan. As a state-wide program, funds will be used to promote the project through marketing and direct outreach that will require some travel.
An important part of improving the UGS program is learning what other Green Schools Coordinators are doing elsewhere in other state and national programs to overcome common problems. The UGS Coordinator is requested to attend and help with the Annual Utah Environmental Conference, attend Green Schools Trainings as scheduled, and participate in the national Green Schools Conference, which is held in a different location of the country each year. Participation at additional national conferences and meetings may be required, depending on organizational funding resources and scheduling needs.
The UGS Coordinator, with support from USEE staff, is responsible for certifying schools according to the USEE guidelines outlined in the Scoring Criteria included in the Green Schools Application. This process may include visiting applicants’ sites, working with applicants to meet UGS criteria, presenting Utah Green School Awards, and promoting UGS in various forms of media.
USEE seeks to greatly enhance UGS online presence and interactive web-based modules. Some experience with and proficiency in web development, coding, and social media is preferred.
The UGS Coordinator will also assist USEE staff with program related grant writing, fundraising initiatives, membership, coordination of volunteers and interns, and other duties as assigned.
Timeline: This is ¾-time position, funded through the end of 2016, with potential for transitioning to a permanent position depending on long-term project funding.
- At least 21 years old
- 2-5 year relevant experience
- Current driver's license and approved background check
- Undergraduate degree in related field preferred
- Knowledge of program management
- Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the program area
- Proficiency in the use of computers for: word processing, simple accounting, databases, spreadsheets, e-mail, Internet, website, and social media
- Must have a passion for promoting healthy and sustainable communities
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Public speaking: Informational & promotional presentations to schools and other communities members, and presenting at award ceremonies at school assemblies, etc.
- Process applications
- Stay current on correspondence and communications via phone, email, social media, etc.
- Conduct and attend meetings with UGS applicants
- Review portfolios
- Development and maintenance of a Utah Green Schools online map
- Public relations, Promotion and advertising
- Participate in outreach events
- Be on time and present for responsibilities
- Attend mandatory meetings and training sessions as required
- Other duties upon request by Programs Manager and Executive Director
- Work collaboratively with staff, volunteers, and organizational partners
The UGS Coordinator should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- The UGS Coordinator will usually work in an office or home office environment but the mission of the organization may sometimes take them to non standard workplaces.
- The UGS Coordinator will work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to to attend USEE outreach and/or fundraising events.
Position Start Date:
Monday, May 23, 2016
Compensation: $8 to $10 hour, depending on experience; health care stipend, vacation and sick pay.