Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Virtual Nature School Assistant Developer
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, September 17, 2021, 12:00am
Website:Missouri River Bird Observatory
MRBO values diversity of all kinds and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we all learn from each other. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek to hire, develop, and retain talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized, or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The internship will take place between the dates of Oct. 1st, 2021 to Dec. 15th, 2021 with possibility of extension.
- Flexible work hours totaling approximately 35 hours per week.
- This position will be virtual, meaning that the hired applicant will work from home with regular virtual communication with an immediate supervisor as well as other MRBO staff.
- Includes a $1,300 per month salary paid twice per month
Our Virtual Nature School Assistant Developer will assist with a variety of tasks related to MRBO’s education and outreach work. They will be an integral part in accomplishing our mission and project deadlines. The main project that this position will focus on is our Virtual Nature School program. We need assistance with developing virtual lesson plans to aid teachers, administrators, and students in the virtual-learning environment. This position will work closely with our Education Coordinator to provide meaningful and important education to Missouri students and the public.
The ideal candidate pool includes:
- People who self-identify as being from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds
- People who currently live or have lived in Missouri or the immediate surrounds
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate and enthusiastic about environmental education
- Has general ecological understanding from former education or experience
- Has basic online technology skills and understanding
- Has proficient editing and proof-reading skills
Position Start Date:
Friday, October 1, 2021
How to Apply:
To apply for the Virtual Nature School Assistant Developer position, please submit a cover letter, current resume, contact information for two references. Applications due by Sept. 17th, 2021. Please email your resume, cover letter and reference information to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org .
This position will be virtual, meaning that the hired applicant will work from home with regular virtual communication with an immediate supervisor as well as other MRBO staff.
Includes a $1,300 per month salary paid twice per month