Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Volunteer & Education Director
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, November 18, 2016, 5:30pm
- Ensures that all aspects of the organization’s volunteerism and education work build connections to the Great Lakes, grow the quality and quantity of the volunteer base, and help create capacity to advance overall organizational strategy.
- Regularly reviews and assesses effectiveness of volunteer and education programs and makes recommendations for strategic shifts.
- Evolves our approaches to reaching young people with opportunities to take action on Great Lakes issues.
- Enhances and invigorates volunteer and education programs by reflecting the values and priorities of Great Lakes communities in our work.
- Manages and inspires a staff team in multiple locations, including the recruitment of seasonal staff and identification of additional skill needs for the team.
- Manages volunteer resources including: assessing where organizational need and capacity for volunteers is greatest, directly managing volunteers, and providing guidance, support, resources and tools to staff who supervise volunteers.
- Communicates about the Alliance’s work within the organization and to external audiences in a way that heartens resolve, galvanizes action and cements personal commitments to the Great Lakes.
- Develops vibrant relationships with individuals and institutions needed to achieve organizational goals, with an emphasis on collaborations with communities of color, youth, young professionals and recreational users of the lakes.
- Grows a culture of listening and community responsiveness in our volunteer and education programs.
- Oversees multiple projects that require collaboration across internal teams and the management of colleagues and volunteers in multiple locations, across the Great Lakes region, including Buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Grand Haven and Racine.
- Grows and mentors high caliber staff team members through metrics, professional development and direct feedback.
- Ensures the fulfillment of short and long-term work plans including completion of critical grant deliverables.
- Builds and proposes annual expense budget to leadership team.
- Creates and implements evaluation metrics for the Culture of Clean Water program.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience as a volunteer manager, community organizer, formal or non-formal educator, or other relevant profession.
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with communities of color, youth, young professionals and recreational users of the lakes.
- Track record of new program plan creation, implementation and management.
- Experienced, inspiring and positive people manager.
- Highly self-aware and driven to create and cultivate positive interpersonal relationships.
- Creative, collaborative innovator who can work across sectors.
- Experienced with budgeting and financial oversight.
- Exceptional quality communication skills are essential with an emphasis on public speaking and visual communication.
- Experienced and comfortable with setting and working within an annual budget at the regional non-profit scale.
- Eagerness to work at both the “nuts and bolts” and strategic levels of our education and volunteers efforts.
- Driven by a strong commitment to public interest work and the values of the organization.
- Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred.
- Software experience: Microsoft Office Suite
- This position is full-time and consistent with Alliance employment policy. Salary to be commensurate with experience.
- Excellent benefits, including health, vacation and retirement plan, are included.
- Regular overnight travel required. The responsibilities of this position are regional.
- Location is flexible including Alliance headquarters in Chicago, Illinois; Cleveland, Ohio; or Detroit, Michigan.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail a cover letter, resume, references, and writing sample to: email@example.com Include job title in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until November 18, 2016 or until the position is filled, whichever is earlier. Materials should be compatible with Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat. Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their materials and further guidance and updates about the hiring process by e-mail, with interviews provided for finalists. No phone inquiries please.