Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Volunteer Engagement Intern
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
REPORTS TO: Sue Erhardt, Director of Education
Casey Trees, a nonprofit dedicated to restoring, enhancing and protecting the tree canopy of Washington, D.C., seeks a Volunteer Engagement Intern to assist our Education team with volunteer programming and educational events.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of volunteer tree plantings, tree care and tree pruning events.
- Be present at volunteer and education events; interact with Casey Trees constituents.
- Assist in managing program registration and logistics of volunteer activities.
- Prep communications with partners and volunteers.
- Assist in management of volunteer programs.
- Assist in development of new volunteer and education programs.
- Assist with education programming and classes.
- Update volunteer tracking mechanisms.
- Assist with the follow-up of volunteer events.
- Be a representative of Casey Trees at events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with volunteer programming and strategic volunteer engagement.
- Must be able to work with adults and children of varying ages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent organization skills.
- Must love working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills.
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude and strong work ethic; good sense of humor appreciated.
- Demonstrated interest in Casey Trees’ mission.
- Prior experience in the nonprofit sector highly desirable.
- Available to work evenings on occasion.
POSITION DURATION AND COMPENSATION:
The position will start the as soon as possible in January 2017 and end in May 2017. This is a 32-40 hour per week position at $12-14 per hour commensurate with education and experience.
The Volunteer Engagement Intern will have a schedule that is mostly Tuesday through Saturday.
How to Apply:
Please email the following items to Erica Young, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest
- Availability including start date
- Contact information for three references
Enter position title only into email subject line.
Applications are accepted until position is filled. No telephone or email inquiries please.
Casey Trees is an Equal Opportunity Employer