Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, June 30, 2017, 4:30pm
Environmental Concern Inc. (EC) is seeking energetic and creative individuals to join our dynamic team of wetland professionals at EC’s Wetland Learning Campus in St. Michaels, MD. EC currently has two educator positions open (one full-time and one part-time).
The successful candidates will:
- travel to lead teacher trainings in WOW! The Wonders of Wetlands and POW! The Planning of Wetlands and other watershed related curricula throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region;
- design and install schoolyard wetland and rain garden habitats;
- teach a variety of interactive wetland and watershed education programs to youth in grades preK-12;
- schedule and advertise workshops and recruit participants;
- develop partnerships with EE organizations;
- assist with designing and writing thematic lesson plans, materials, and brochures;
- and participate in fund raising and grant writing efforts to support EC’s education initiatives.
Applicant must possess a bachelor's degree in environmental science, environmental education, natural resource management, science education, or related field.
Applicants should have at least one year of experience teaching; experience with habitat creation; and working knowledge and understanding of wetland ecosystems. Experience teaching students of all ages is preferred.
Applicants must also possess strong organizational, writing and communication skills; ability to manage multiple tasks; and the ability to work independently, with prior direction from Supervisor. Some evening and weekend work is required. Applicants must have experience in Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher computer programs. The position includes rigorous outdoor work, and some lifting (up to 25 lbs) on a regular basis. This position also requires a valid driver’s license and current CPR certification.
Location: St. Michaels, MD 21663.
Start Date: Immediate
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to Katelin Frase at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.