Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Youth and Outreach Coordinator
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Design, coordinate, schedule, and implement youth and family educational programs, trips and events.
- Lead, teach, or instruct a variety of educational events including school group visits to the garden and to their classrooms.
- Registrar for youth programs, events and tours.
- Design, coordinate and implement outreach projects in the Lake City community.
- Manage the MFBG volunteer program including the Lake City volunteers. This program will include a yearly trip and volunteer events throughout the year.
- Assist in marketing and promotion of youth program.
- Act as a resource for area educators.
- Assist Education and Events Manager in all large MFBG Events.
- Supervision of interns.
- Represent MFBG at offsite functions and events.
- Assist with all public tours.
- Adhere to all MFBG policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Education and Events Manager
Bachelor's degree with emphasis in education, horticulture, environmental science, environmental education, biology or agriculture is desired. Previous experience in the education department of a botanical garden, science museum or related setting is preferred.
Applicant must be enthusiastic and able to function gracefully in high pressure situations. Passion for educating the youth and community must be evident. Applicant must be self-motivated and able to take initiative when needed. Strong knowledge in horticulture, science and the environment is required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and coordinate multiple activities and projects.
- Demonstrated public speaking skills.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and in all weather conditions.
- Must be available to work weekdays and at least one Saturday a month.
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and lift 30 lbs.
- Must have a valid South Carolina driver’s license and CPR/First Aid training once hired.
- Must be available for occasional overnight travel.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and refereences to Rebecca Turk, MFBG Education and Events Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full time exempt position with a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical coverage, paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, etc.