Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Nature Detectives Train the Trainer Orientation
Date and Time:
Saturday, August 28, 2021, 1:00pm
Visit http://naturedetectivesusa.com/programs to learn about how we engage children in K-3rd grade to create meaningful connections with the outdoor world. Three dates available: Sat. August 28, Wed. Sept 1 and 8. Select preferred date on Registration Form.
Preview our Fall, Winter and Spring weekly programs where children In K-3rd grade discover the outdoor world. This 90 minute, live, online workshop will describe the core practices of Nature Detectives:
- Preview videos showing children engaged in various observation, literacy and art activities.
- How to make and use our Nature Discovery Journals,
- List of basic supplies
- Learn our inquiry-based learning approach where children engage their curiosity and imagination, ask questions, take risks and responsible for their own learning.
- Review activities from all seasonal sessions.
- Learn about Nature Detectives contribution to Cirizen Science Projects
- Select one of 3 Nature Detective activities to do and share your experience.
Our orientation is designed for nature center staff, parks, after school care, teachers, museums and other service providers interested in identifying if replicating this FUN, simple and inexpensive inquiry-based learning program will meet the needs and interests of your site.
A license fee and one 60-90 minute training workshop per season is required to maintain the integrity of program delivery. License fee varies depending on number of children served. Details still underway.
How to Register: