Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Cornell University Civic Ecology Lab: New E-STEM Education Online Course
Date and Time:
Monday, October 19, 2020, 11:59pm to Sunday, November 22, 2020, 11:59pm
E-STEM Education is designed for teachers and nonformal educators who want to help youth become scientifically literate, environmental citizens. Teachers will learn how to integrate environmental education into STEM classes such as biology and earth science, and non-formal educators will learn how to make science part of nature and environmental education programs. Participants will also learn about inquiry-based and project-based learning, and other active learning strategies, and apply what you learn to develop your own E-STEM lesson plans.
Pre-recorded lectures will include both English and Chinese captions. Discussions will be in English. Participants are welcome to form study groups in different languages.
In this course, participants will:
- Understand the connection between environmental education and science education.
- Learn about different outcomes of E-STEM education.
- Explore different learning approaches including problem-based, inquiry-based, project-based, and place-based learning.
- Develop an E-STEM lesson plan for your classes, programs, families, or communities.
- Participate actively in a global online community of E-STEM educators.
Participants who complete the course are awarded a Cornell University certificate (PDF).
Cost is $60 or any amount you can afford.
View the course trailer below:
How to Register: