Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Online Certificate on Education for Sustainable Development
Date and Time:
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 8:00am to Wednesday, June 23, 2021, 8:00am
Participants profile: This Certificate Programme is aimed at K-12 teachers (primary and secondary educators), education professionals, and academics in different areas and levels of education.
Programme Objectives: Strengthen the knowledge, skills, and abilities of educators to implement Education for Sustainable Development and Education for Global Citizenship in their work, providing a space for dialogue and professional update on pedagogical processes of transformative learning that respond to the new guidance and educational needs in this area. The programme will offer a special space to look into the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
This Certificate on ESD is implemented under the UNESCO Chair on Education for Sustainable Development with the Earth Charter, which generates educational programmes and research activities at the intersection of sustainability, ethics and education.
Specifically, this Certificate Programme seeks to:
- Clarify concepts of sustainability, sustainability values and principles, sustainable lifestyles and responsible consumption; and global citizenship, as well as the synergies between them.
- Deepen and expand knowledge about new paradigms of education associated with education for sustainability, sustainable lifestyles, education for global citizenship and transformative education.
- Strengthen the capacities and skills of the educators to integrate the values of sustainability in their areas of action, and develop educational programmes that promote a new awareness of our relationship with the environment and sustainable lifestyles.
- Explore methodological and transforming pedagogical tools that can be used in educational programmes.
- Motivate and inspire educators to contribute, through their areas of action, in building more coherent, harmonious, and sustainable societies.
- Stimulate the exchange of experiences between educators from different contexts and regions.
Five months (four courses plus five seminars. One session per week)
124 hours minimum
(One real-time session per week + 4 hours per week to read and see all the materials per session + time for the seminars, and the preparation and implementation of a final project -individually or in a group-)
Certificate on ESD, under the UNESCO Chair on ESD and University for Peace.
How to Register: