Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Climate Solutions Acceleration Fund
Friday, April 3, 2020, 5:00pm
What Is It?
A small innovation fund ($5,000-$10,000) that is dedicated to supporting the scaling of the climate action acceleration activities of colleges and universities. Proposal applications for the funding are openly sourced during the application period. For this round of funding, between 5-10 proposals will be funded.
Who Is Eligible?
- Colleges and universities who are Climate Leadership Network signatories (have signed at least one of The Presidents' Climate Leadership Commitments); and/or
- Members of the University Climate Change Coalition (UC3)
What Projects Are Eligible?
Funding may be used for project implementation, or to support climate action planning activities. All submitted proposals must advance cross-sector (campus and external stakeholders) climate action. Priority will be placed on funding proposals that foster long-term campus-community partnerships, and that have the potential to scale beyond the grant term. Priority will also be placed on climate action that is inclusive for all segments of the population, and proposals that promote equitable and just outcomes. Second Nature will strive to support proposals from a variety of institution types and locations.
- April 3, 2020: Application Deadline: April 3, 2020
- By the End of May: Funding Awards Announcement
- June 2020: Funding Disbursed
- June 21, 2021: Date that projects that receive funding must be completed by
How to apply/register:
Climate Solutions Acceleration Fund page: please visit for more detailed information, including FAQs and how to apply.
Informational Webinar: Join us for a 30-minute informational webinar on March 11, 2020.