Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Ocean Challenge 2023
Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 7:59am
Ocean Challenge 2023 invites interested applicants around the world to propose creative marine-science-based solutions to address pressing ocean conservation issues. Launched in 2019, Ocean Challenge is an annual Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) competition that raises awareness of complex marine conservation issues and creates an opportunity for young people to get involved in the global effort to protect our oceans. Ocean Challenge is co-hosted by Taiwan’s Ocean Affairs Council (OAC) and the American Institute in Taiwan Kaohsiung Branch Office (AIT/K) as part of Taiwan’s larger effort to support the United Nations “Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development” program.
The program includes four categories as follows:
- Teen Category: Applicants aged 12-18, currently enrolled in secondary schools in Taiwan.
- Youth Category: Applicants aged 18 and above, currently enrolled in college or graduate programs in Taiwan.
- Professional Category: Applicants aged 18 and above, currently not enrolled in a degree or certificate program in Taiwan.
- International Category: Applicants aged 12 and above, based outside of Taiwan.
A total of 16-20 teams (4 -5 teams from each category) will be selected to proceed to the final round based on preliminary proposal reviews. Finalists will be recognized with awards as follows:
- First Place Award: NT$50,000 and an award certificate.
- Second Place Award: NT$20,000 and an award certificate.
- Third Place Award: NT$10,000 and an award certificate.
- Fourth Place and Fifth Place Award: an award certificate.
- Best Proposal Award: The first-place team will receive a grant, provided on a reimbursement basis, of no more than NT$100,000 to carry out their proposal.
Please email your proposal and application form to
Applications are due by 11:59 pm CST (UTC+8) Tuesday, January 31, 2023.
+886 (7) 3381810 ext.261322