Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Scholarship & Grant $ for Amazon Rainforest PD Workshop
Date and Time:
Monday, July 1, 2019, 8:00am to Thursday, July 11, 2019, 11:59pm
Friday, February 1, 2019, 11:59pm
What: 2019 Educator Academy in the Amazon Professional Development
When: July 1-11, 2019
Grant: $1500 Vernier Software & Technology Grant for a HS/AP Science Educator
Scholarships: $1250 Amazon Workshops Scholarships for K-12 Educators
Application Deadline: February 1, 2019
Get more info: http://amazonworkshops.com/educator-academy/
The July 1-11, 2019 Educator Academy in the Amazon Rainforest of Peru is a cross-curricular professional development workshop for formal and informal science educators. Highlights include:
- 21st Century Instruction: 5E Lesson Design ~ Inquiry-Based Exploration ~ STEM
- Inquiry Protocols & Resources: Vernier Software & Technology ~ Celestron Digital Microscopes
- Global and Cultural Perspectives: Service Learning ~ Sustainability ~ Global Education
- NEW! A specialized track for HS bio and environmental science educators with a focus on sustainability, conservation, and field work with the Maijuna indigenous community
- Work side-by-side with scientists and researchers on citizen science projects and field studies.
- Explore the ¼ mile long ACTSPeru Rainforest Canopy Walkway in one of the world’s most biologically diverse environments.
- Work with fellow educators to explore strategies for using the Amazon as a vehicle for incorporating STEM education, inquiry-based learning, and sustainability science education into your classroom.
Contact program director, Christa Dillabaugh at email@example.com or 1-800-431-2624 for more information.