Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Scholarships for K-12 PD in the Amazon
Date and Time:
Monday, July 1, 2019, 12:00pm to Thursday, July 11, 2019, 12:00pm
Friday, February 1, 2019, 11:59pm
$1250 Scholarships for the 7th annual Educator Academy in the Amazon Rainforest - July 1-11, 2019.
Join us for a cross-curricular professional development workshop for K-12 formal and informal educators to learn and use:
- 21st Century Instruction: Inquiry-Based Exploration ~ NGSS ~ STEM ~ 5E
- Inquiry Protocols & Resources: Project Learning Tree ~ Cornell Lab of Ornithology ~ & More!
- Global and Cultural Perspectives: ~ Sustainability ~ Global Education ~ Indigenous Cultures
Join Al Stenstrup, Project Learning Tree; Dr. Nancy Trautmann, Cornell Lab of Ornithology; Kristie Reddick, The Bug Chicks; along with scientists Dr. Steve Madigosky, Widener University; and Randy Morgan, Curator/Entomologist, Cincinnati Zoo as you:
- Work side-by-side with scientists and researchers on citizen science projects and field studies on the ACTSPeru Rainforest Canopy Walkway in one of the world’s most biologically diverse environments.
- Explore conservation and sustainability via hands-on workshops with indigenous communities.
- Spend a day in an Amazon village and explore the role of education in creating a sustainable future for Amazon children.
- Work in grade-level cohorts to develop strategies for using the Amazon as a vehicle for incorporating standards-based inquiry, STEM, and sustainability education into your classroom.
PLT Certification, BirdSleuth, and other resources included. Academic Credit and Machu Picchu Extension optional. Scholarship deadline February 1, 2019. With a scholarship, Academy Program fees are $1345 (airfare not included). Space is limited to 30 educators - Register early to secure your spot!
Get the details and download a syllabus and scholarship application at: www.amazonworkshops.com/educator-academy. Contact Educator Academy Director, Christa Dillabaugh, for more information:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org // phone: 1-800-431-2624.