Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Virtual After-School Program for High Schoolers Inspires Climate Action
Monday, January 4, 2021, 12:00am
The world’s largest marine mammal hospital is inspiring teenagers through activism to find solutions to today’s most challenging conservation issues.
The program launches in January 2021 and applications for the Spring session are due January 4, 2021. It is free to apply for the program. There is a membership fee of $75, due upon acceptance into the program. Scholarships are available.
Participants will meet weekly on Tuesdays from 4-5:30pm PT to connect on issues and ideas. Participants will be required to spend additional time on resource readings, forums, feedback or surveys. Through participation, youth will build a community and national network of ocean enthusiasts and conservationists and get career development and resume building opportunities.
- Be a high school student, including home school, in grades 9-12 for spring and winter sessions, or a rising 9th-12th grader for the summer session
- Have reliable access to a computer or tablet, internet and Zoom
- Be excited to connect with other ocean enthusiasts and passionate about learning marine science
- Do your best to be present for all meetings, as this leadership program aims to build a strong community
- Acknowledge and value the varied experiences we all bring to the program, and therefore hold space and listen to others with differing opinions as we navigate discussion
How to apply/register:
Participants can apply online: https://www.marinemammalcenter.org/education/adults- families/ocean-conservation-leaders